Bushfire recovery priorities
The NSW Government has five immediate recovery priorities for communities affected by the bushfires.
- Restoration of utilities, power, telecommunications and water supply.
- Clearance and opening of arterial, regional and local sealed roads.
- Provision of community welfare services. This includes accommodation, health and welfare, and financial support to impacted persons and communities.
- Safe remediation and disposal of debris and waste materials.
- Timely completion of impact assessments to inform future strategies and actions.
If you’ve been impacted by bushfires, and need more information on the support and services available to you, contact Service NSW.Find out more about the assistance available on Service NSW
Support and initiatives
The NSW Government is delivering bushfire recovery assistance to help people and businesses impacted by bushfires. Find some of the support and resources available.
Find emergency contacts, agencies providing services and support, and where you can make a donation.
The Bushfire community recovery and resilience fund is offering financial support to communities affected by the 2019-2020 bushfires.
The NSW Government is coordinating the clean-up of residential and commercial properties, insured and uninsured, that have been impacted by bushfire this season.
A range of grants, subsidies and loans are available to help farmers, small businesses and non-profit organisations affected by bushfires.
If you have been affected by the recent bushfires, Legal Aid NSW can help you with insurance claims and disputes, tenancy problems, replacing important documents and other legal issues.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian has announced an independent expert inquiry into the 2019-20 bushfire season to provide input to NSW ahead of the next bushfire season.
School staff, emergency services, the Rural Fire Service and local tradies are working together to repair and clean the schools affected by the bushfires.
An emergency recovery plan is being put in place to protect and restore wildlife populations affected by the bushfires.