Dine & Discover NSW
The NSW Government is launching Dine & Discover NSW to encourage the community to get out and about, supporting dining, arts and tourism businesses and stimulating spending in the economy.
In early December, the scheme will invite customers to use their vouchers with participating COVID Safe businesses as part of a trial in The Rocks. This program will then be rolled out across NSW from late January 2021.
How does Dine & Discover NSW work?
Every NSW resident aged 18 and over will be eligible for four $25 vouchers worth $100 in total. The vouchers can be used at participating NSW businesses who are registered as COVID safe.
The Dine & Discover NSW vouchers will be divided into two categories:
- two $25 vouchers to be used for eating in at restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs and clubs from Monday to Thursday, excluding public holidays.
- two $25 vouchers to be used for entertainment and recreation, including cultural institutions, live music, and arts venues, available 7 days a week, excluding public holidays.
How do I apply for the vouchers?
To participate in Dine & Discover NSW, you must have a MyServiceNSW account.
You can download the Service NSW app now and register for a MyServiceNSW account ahead of the vouchers becoming available from late January 2021.
Where can I use my vouchers?
You’ll be able to search for participating businesses where you can use your Dine & Discover NSW via the ServiceNSW app or on the ServiceNSW website. Vouchers must be redeemed in person at participating businesses and can only be used once.
The vouchers cannot be used for retail, tobacco, alcohol, gambling and accommodation.
How can my business get involved?
To be eligible for Dine & Discover NSW, your business needs to:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST.
- operate in NSW in one of the eligible industries below
- be registered as COVID-safe and have a COVID Safety Plan in place.
From 23 November 2020, businesses in The Rocks will be invited to register their business to participate in the Dine & Discover NSW Trial. This trial will allow us to test participation and resolve any issues ahead of the full rollout across NSW in late January. The trial will expand to the Sydney CBD and Broken Hill through December.
Express your interest if you would like to participate in the scheme when it is rolled out.
To participate in Dine & Discover NSW you must have a business that operates in one of the following industries:
- cafes and restaurants
- pubs, taverns, bars and clubs
- scenic and sightseeing transport
- museums, galleries and historic sites
- zoos, botanic gardens, wildlife parks and nature reserves
- performing arts operations, theatres and entertainment centres
- amusement, theme and water parks
- recreational activities such as go-karting, indoor climbing, mini-golf, billiards, bowling or ice-rinks
- outdoor adventures
- travel agencies and tours.
Is it safe for me to go out?
Download the Service NSW app
You can check in to COVID Safe businesses who are using their NSW Government QR Code, via the Service NSW app.
- Consider cycling and walking
- Plan your public transport trip ahead
- Register your Opal card to help NSW Health contact you quickly and easily if necessary
- If there's no dot, there's no spot on public transport
- If travelling via taxi or ride share, scan the QR Code for contactless check-in or make a booking with the taxi company. Sit in the back seat and have the windows open to promote air flow, where possible.
Last updated: 23 November 2020