Social media guidelines
The NSW Government’s Social Media Guidelines are under review. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Some government agencies have their own policies and guides. Examples are listed below.
State and territory resources
- Australian Capital Territory (ACT) - Social Media Policy
- Queensland Government - Online community engagement policy (PDF)
- Victoria State Government Justice and Community Safety – Social media policy
- Government of South Australian – Social Media Guidance for Agencies and Staff
- Western Australia Department of Finance Social Media Guidelines
- National Library of Australia - Social Media Policy
- Department of Human Services – Social Media Policy
- Australian Department of Health social media community guidelines
- The Australian Public Service Commission (APSC)
- Department of Social Services
Social media community of practice
The social media community of practice (CoP) is open to social media and communications practitioners across NSW government.
Its purpose is to gain insights from social media experts in various fields, share best practice and experiences and facilitate group discussions and learnings across NSW government.
The social media CoP is held every few months and run by the Department of Customer Service.
To continue networking and sharing learnings and insights in between the social media CoPs, there is also a closed Facebook group for social media practitioners across NSW government.
If you would like to join either the social media CoP or the closed Facebook group, please contact us.
For information about how to save and retain records in your social media channels please refer to the NSW State Records & Archives recommendations, and your own agency data retention policy.
The NSW Government social team can offer advice that will help you apply social media best practice. Contact us.