2021 Application process
Applications for the 2021 Taskforce membership closed on 1 November 2020.
The Office for Regional Youth will review all applications and provide a recommended short list to the Minister for Regional Youth, Hon. Bronnie Taylor MLC. Minster Taylor will appoint and announce the final Taskforce members before the end of the year.
Role of the Taskforce
As a member of the Regional Youth Taskforce you will advise the Minister on issues that affect young people living in regional NSW.
The Taskforce will allow you to have your say on ways Government can improve outcomes for young people in regional NSW and better deliver services.
Over the course of the year the Regional Youth Taskforce will focus on the pillars of the Regional Youth Framework. These are: Wellbeing, Connectivity, Work Ready and Community. Throughout the year members will be consulted and invited to contribute to various government policies.
About the Taskforce
The second Regional Youth Taskforce will be appointed from January 2021 until 31 December 2021. Over this period the Taskforce will have four meetings with Minister Taylor in various locations around NSW, either online or in person.
Members will have their transport, food and accommodation costs covered. Meetings will be scheduled to take place on weekends or in school holidays.
About the Office for Regional Youth
The Office for Regional Youth sits within the Department of Regional NSW and provides a coordinated and strategic approach to respond to regional youth issues.
To ensure a meaningful approach and direction, the Office for Regional Youth listens to advice and insights of regional young people, parents, employers and youth workers.
The Regional Youth Taskforce provides an essential connection to young people in regional NSW.
The 2019-20 Regional Youth Taskforce members are:
- Jasmin Hughes and Josef Graf Cooper for the Central Coast Region
- Ashish Thapa and Maddy Jerrett for Central West and Orana Region
- Ben Johnstone and Nyokia Townsend for the Far West Region
- Katherine Sutcliffe and Jack Antcliff for the Hunter Region
- Amanda Reid and Lachlan Page for the Illawarra Shoalhaven Region
- Laura Murray and Ryan Dwight for the New England and North West Region
- Jan Jaafr and Caitlin Axelby for the North Coast Region
- Luca James and Marina Gabra for the Riverina Murray Region
- Khawlah Albaf and Allie Roberson for the South East Region